That's how my almost 2 year old says "waffles"
and I think it's so cute!
I make her say the word at least 100 times a day.
She is constantly begging for "uh faffles"
because we have them a lot.
Every Saturday, my hubs gets up early
to make them.
He usually sticks with the normal kind of "uh faffles"
(he's somewhat of a.... traditionalist).
And since I'm more of a.... sometimes-nontraditionalist,
I wanted to try a new "uh faffle" recipe.
As I googled away, I found some really delicious looking ones,
but I didn't have all the ingredients on hand.
So, we ended up with these heavenly "uh faffles"
Oatmeal Brown Sugar Waffles.
And here's the recipe:
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. quick cooking rolled oats
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 1/2 c. milk
6 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP brown sugar (but I used 1/4 c. because I love brown sugar)
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon,
and salt; set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, butter, and brown sugar.
3. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
4. Make "uh faffles" according to... however you usually make them. :)
5. If you're healthy, top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
If you love butter like I do, top with butter and maple syrup.
And while you're at it, go ahead and add some powdered sugar if you want to.
You'll love these, I promise.