Hahahahahah...... that title gives me a little chuckle. Keeping my house tidy... yeah right. I have 2 kiddos and I tend another kiddo, which means that there is stuff, fingerprints, goo, dress up clothes, crumbs, stuffed animals, Barbies, dolls, and all that other goodness, everywhere! So when I actually do get a rare moment to clean, (and when I say moment, I literally mean m.o.m.e.n.t.), I ask myself why I'm even doing it in the first place. It's just gonna get dirty in 22.4 seconds anyways...
But alas... I still attempt to clean. I hate messes and I don't want my kids living in filth. Plus, I feel my children need to be taught the importance of cleaning up after themselves, to feel the satisfaction of working hard,
and taking pride in where we live. So, when I found this article on Yahoo! I was ecstatic. I do most of these anyways, so deep cleaning comes about once a month. But here are some helpful hints on how to clean your home in about 30 minutes a day...
|Disclaimer: You will not magically look like her if you follow these cleaning tips.|
(a dirty kitchen makes me cringe. I don't know why, it just does!)
1. Do your dishes or put them in the dishwasher after every meal. It only takes about 5 minutes to do the dishes, and then they are out of sight, out of mind. Plus, once dinner hits, you won't have that many to do. I actually do this, and it does save me a lot of time.
2. Wipe down counters and stove with an all-purpose cleaner after cooking. I just keep sanitizing wipes under my kitchen sink, and I do this daily. It keeps your stove looking nice and tidy, and eliminates crumbs from building up.
3. Wipe up any spills and crumbs after eating. I wipe my kitchen table off after every meal and snack. I know, it seems like a lot of wiping most days, but it's easy to clean.
1. Keep sanitizing wipes under your bathroom sink.(You are more likely to clean if you have cleaning products within reach.) Wipe up the sink and countertop after you wash your face. Although I don't do this every day, I do it about 3x a week. Works for me.
2. Once a week, wipe the toilet rim and clean the toilet bowl. I do this on Mondays. I put cleaner in the toilet bowl and spray my shower/tub with cleaner. I let them sit and cleanse the dirty germs away while I get ready. When I'm done getting ready, I just simply wipe down my tub and toilet. Voila! My bathroom feels and looks a million times better in a matter of minutes.
1. Fold and put away your clothes right after they're finished. I'm terrible at this... but when I do fold and put the laundry away once it gets out of the dryer, I find it only takes me about 10 minutes per load. P.S. My laundry day is Thursday...
2. Get in the habit of making your bed every morning, right when you get out of it. Yes, I do this! I feel so crisp and fresh once my bed is made. I loooove getting into a nicely made bed at the end of a long day. Making the bed seriously only takes about 2 minutes, and it's so worth your time!
1. Break out the dust buster to suck up those crumbs, while you watch TV!
2. Put away remotes, magazines, games, etc., at the end of the day.
It was surprising to me that I already do most of these things. I don't have a "set" day where I clean everything. I usually do one major task a day. Like I said before, bathrooms are on Mondays, dusting/vacuuming is usually on Tuesdays, sweeping/mopping on Wednesdays, and laundry on Thursdays. That way, I don't spend a lot of time doing deep cleaning. It works for me.
What are some of the ways that you keep your home tidy?
Oh, and P.S. If I were to do another giveaway, what would you like for me to giveaway?