I am so excited! The other day I received a comment on my blog from Katie over at www.pincushioncreations.com. She awarded Portobello Road the Most Versatile Blogger Award. I am thrilled that my small little growing blog has been given this award!
The funny thing is, I was actually awarded another one of the awards last October from Stephanie over at www.craftingintherain.blogspot.com. I just did not realize that I was suppose to pass it on. So THANK YOU to Stephanie and Katie!
I learned that in winning this award I need to show the love and pass it on to 7 other bloggers. I also need to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know.
Let's spread some love first...because all we need is love!
I would like to pass along the Versatile Blogger Award to the following blogs:
A few of my favorite blogs are first, CeCe's Corner. I love her blog and sometime we post for each other. She is a fabulous mom, crafter and cook. Love this girl! Head on over to her blog and become of follower.
One blog I recently discovered is Randee's Organized Chaos. I found her blog very informational. She has some great tips on how to make sense for the chaos in our lives. Which I am all about! And I love that she calls her recipe section "Nummys" Love it!
To satisfy my painting furniture hobby, sometimes I check out fellow north westerner Tonya at Painting in Portland. She moved to rainy Portland from Utah and been really good about finding something to do with her time indoors. That is what we have to do here in Portland, find stuff to do inside...she has mastered it! Love her furniture!
A girl that featured one of my crafts (heart wreath) recently has a fabulous blog called The Latest Finds! Check out Ashley and her latest trends, which will be sure to keep you up to date in all your fashion, crafting, and other fun finds.
Turquoise! Love it right, well Sara over at Sweet Little Gals has a super fun Turquoise Lovin' Linky party. Her blog is just filled with cute crafts and and sweet things! Check it out and become one of her many followers.
One of my favorite things to do, is making something beautiful out of someone else's junk. Katie over at Thrifty Finds and Redesign has made a whole blog out of it. She has lots of cute DIY projects and redesigns on her site. Check out our east coast friend and become a thrifty finder!
Kacey over at Refreshed Decor just reinvented herself! Formerly Life of Blue, same creator, same content, same very cool decor/furniture ideas. I have been following this blog for a while and I think she is very talented and it does not hurt that she has two adorable little boys. Check out this blog and be inspired!
1. I love cake. All kinds, I don't discriminate against any cake except cake that is soaked in things like milk or coffee or rum because I think it strips the cake of its cakey texture, it becomes soggy cake...its not right.
2. I love that I have a job that allows me to travel. I love traveling because it gives me an excuse to buy things, not just for myself but for other people, any excuse to buy things is good. Although there are other reasons that I love traveling too...
3. I think I have a shopping problem, I mean seriously #2 ??? There are much better reasons to love traveling. But of course with the shopping addiction comes a buying and returning skill as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with shopping if you return it :)
4. I have virgin hair...never been dyed. Last year I cut off 10 inches and donated it to Locks of Love.
5. I wear earplugs at night. Sometimes just one, but since I have been married... two. Sometimes I fear this is doing damage to my brain or ears or something I am unaware of. Is this a habit I need to break????
6. I love the smell of Eucalyptus trees, it reminds me of the drive between San Jose and Monterey, California. It brings back many childhood memories.
7. When my husband brings me flowers, I usually cry. I think it is one of the most thoughtful things someone can do for another.